Monday, April 28, 2014

Book Update: Voyages of the MS Rodent


I am now three chapters away from finishing the first draft of my next eBook: Voyages of the MS Rodent! To celebrate this moment, I thought I would share my inspiration for this fun little tale.

I live one mile away from the office where I work and for the first year I walked to work everyday. I had to cross the Snake River as part of my commute, and I noticed this little island out in the middle of the river which got me thinking. What would it be like to live on that island? What kind of animal would choose such a home? What would drive him or her to live there? How would they get out to the island? How would they survive there?



I started by writing several scenes back in 2010, and after publishing two other eBooks on Amazon (and trying out a half dozen outlines) I finally shaped the story into something I knew would work. Now here I am, three chapters away from a complete first draft! Once the first draft is finished I will work on a cover and other illustrations while the manuscript "cools." Stay tuned for further updates on this and other exciting eBooks!

No comments:

Post a Comment